- Pay Rate:
£12.21 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
Temporary Homelessness & Housing Solutions Advisor
Job Ref: Redditch RQ682106
Pay Rate: £12.21 per hour PAYE
A DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role; however the level of disclosure has not been specified by the client.
Provide a professional and compliant, customer facing Homelessness and Housing Solutions Advice Service firmly focussed on the prevention and relief of homelessness
- Deliver superior quality Homelessness and Housing Solutions and Advice Services that are customer centric and have high regard for equality, diversity, understanding and respect for people and their individual circumstances.
- Act as the central hub for all approaches and enquiries to the homelessness, housing solutions and void and allocation service, committing to resolve all approaches and enquiries at first point of contact and where they cannot be resolved, ensuring timely co-ordination of onward referral to the right team or person.
- Operate a telephone duty system that ensures that all inbound telephone calls to the service are handled professionally and within any set service levels in operation at the time.
- Operate a professional customer facing triage service at public offices on a duty rota system, offering primary homelessness and housing solutions advice in accordance with Part VI & VII of the Homelessness Act, The Housing Acts, Homelessness Reduction Act and the Homelessness Code of Guidance, that enables customers to make informed decisions about their housing options and that enables you to make a decision to refer the case to a specialist officer through relevant systems and processes in operation at the time.
- In cases of emergency homelessness, undertake to find and secure temporary accommodation on behalf of specialist case officers
- Promote self-service at every opportunity and encourage and provide professional and courteous assistance to customers in accessing all aspects of the service that have become digitalised, either in person in public offices, in writing or over the telephone.
- In accordance with the Allocations Policy, give appropriate advice to applicants wishing to join the housing register, so that expectations are clearly managed, and they can make informed decisions about their options before joining the register.
- Where the approach results in an application to join the register, in every case ensure that appropriate support and assistance is provided to the applicant to make the application digitally and advice on how to operate the Home Choice System.
- Operate, administer, and maintain the Home Choice system for both new and transfer applicants through to full registration in the appropriate priority band.
- Assess and administer all incoming correspondence in accordance with policy and process in operation at the time
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- GCSEs or equivalent including English, Maths and or a second language at Grade A-C
- Knowledge of legislation, regulation, and policy in relation to the provision of the service
- At least 3 years demonstrable experience working in a homelessness, housing options or other relevant customer advice service
- Experience of providing professional high-quality customer services to customers often with multiple complex issues and who may be in highly emotive situations
- Experience of problem solving through collaboration and partnership working that has achieved excellent outcomes
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Homelessness & Housing Solutions Advisor
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.