- Pay Rate:
Up to £11.50 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37, Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for up to 6 months
Temporary Grounds Worker
Reference no: Dorset 5209232
Enhanced DBS required for this role
A Caretaker is needed to undertake grounds maintenance at The Dorset Centre of Excellence under the supervision of the Estate Manager and Chief Operating Officer.
The post-holder will also be expected to carry out a range of duties to contribute to the security, safety, and maintenance of the premises, under the supervision of the Estate Manager.
- Assist the Estate Manager in making any arrangements to cover periods of absence of other keyholders.
- be responsible for locking and unlocking school premises outside of normal school hours and for setting security alarm systems, as required.
- Responding to security alarm or other call outs in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Assist the Estate Manager to arrange regular checks on alarm systems and fire extinguishers and report on any problems arising
- Identify and report building, furnishing or fittings deficiencies to the Estate Manager/Chief operating Officer and to undertake any remedial action that may be authorised and appropriate.
- Escort contractors and other persons to sites of repair and maintenance and, where appropriate, monitoring the safety of their working practices and/or quality of work.
- Be responsible for taking the delivery of stores, goods and equipment and arrange storage or distribution as required.
- Exercise responsibility for the operation of the school heating systems; ensuring that all plant and equipment operates safely and efficiently.
- Ensure that adequate supplies of fuel and water are always available and to maintain the supply of supplementary mobile heating, as may be necessary.
- Assist the Estate Manager with monitoring usage of electricity, water, and any other fuel. Taking such meter readings as may be required
- Maintain staff and pupil cloakroom and toilet facilities in working order and that appropriate supplies of consumables are available
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Previous experience with Health & Safety procedures.
- Previous experience with site maintenance and site supervision.
- Demonstrable basic knowledge of grounds maintenance type duties.
- Able to respond to Health & Safety Hazards.
- Able to identify and respond to problems arising.
- Able to always maintain the strictest confidentiality and integrity.
- Highly organised and efficient and able to work to tight
- deadlines, often under pressure.
- Able work under your own initiative.
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team.
- Able to promote the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people across the Company.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Clean full driving licence.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Grounds Worker
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.