- Pay Rate:
£10.19 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1 month
Temporary Grounds Maintenance Driver- Waste services
Reference no: UBO 8240213659706
A DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role; however the level of disclosure has not been specified by the clientThe purpose of the role is to transport Waste and recycling Loaders to and from site including delivery of equipment where required.
- Responsible for planting and maintainance of trees, shrubs, and annual bedding schemes.
- Grass care and maintenance; to include grass mowing using a wide range of mechanical equipment.
- Undertake visual daily checks of any mower or plant before it is used to ensure that it is in good working order.
- The application of pesticides.
- Sports grounds maintenance.
- General cleansing operations to green spaces and street scene locations to include sweeping, litter collection and emptying dog/litter bins.
- Snow and ice clearing during the winter period
- To drive and operate all vehicles, plant and machinery in accordance with the manufacturers’ instructions and established good practice.
- Undertake visual daily checks of the vehicle before it is used to ensure that the vehicle is in good working order.
- Report any problems with the vehicle on the relevant paperwork and to the relevant department immediately.
- Comply with all transport legislation.
- Be responsible for driving Company vehicles safely, showing due regard for other road users and residents.
- Ensure vehicle is left clean and empty at the end of each working day.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Vehicle Licence to be able to drive a range of vehicles up to and including 3.5 tonnes gross weight
- Trained PA1 or PA6 holder
- Working at Height Qualification
- Chainsaw Qualification
- Power Pruner Qualification
- Ride on Mower and Tractor operations
- Trailer Training
Skills & Abilities
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Ability to undertake duties in a physical role.
- Ability to prioritise and manage workloads effectively.
- Ability to work outside of normal hours.
- Ability to accept and understand verbal and written communications
- Good Numeracy and literacy skills to complete routine job documentation.
- Ability to work with minimum of supervision.
- Ability to build and maintain good working relationships with eople at all levels.
- Ability to be flexible, creative, and self-motivated and able to work autonomously.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Clean Driving Licence
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Grounds Maintenance Driver- Waste services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.