- Pay Rate:
£18.83 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1 month until further notice
Temporary Green Infrastructure Manager - IT
Reference no: Liverpool RQ611871
A DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role; however the level of disclosure has not been specified by the client.
The purpose of the role is to assist Lead Officers and members in the development, improvement and enhancement of the City Council’s Green Infrastructure.
- To identify, develop and support green infrastructure projects through the S106 approval process including responsibly to progress proposals to the officer working groups and S106 subcommittee.
- To proactively manage caseloads and projects with responsibility to ensure that project proposals have the relevant support and information for decision making by lead officers and members.
- To support lead officers and members in the management of S106 monies by updating systems and monitoring expenditure by internal services and external bodies through robust record keeping and administration of information systems.
- Liaise with S106 Officer and the Planning Enforcement Officer to have an understanding of contributions and opportunities citywide.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with internal colleagues such as Streetscene Services or Sport and Outdoor Recreation and appropriate external agencies & partners including, but not restricted to, the Environment Agency and Natural England.
- Contribute to supplementary planning documents and other Council reports as and when required by planning colleagues and Lead Officers.
- Seek to maximise opportunities through the identification and management of S106 contributions, monitoring the delivery and use of resources and to work proactively to identify possibilities to maximise use of funding.
- Maintain awareness of innovation, trends, legislation and developments relative to the development of the City Council’s green infrastructure and S106.
- Maintain awareness of sources of external and/or partnership funding opportunities.
- To assist planning colleagues and S106 Officer in their S106 negotiations by providing information as an when required.
- Maintain awareness of Corporate Strategies and objectives.
- Lead, motivate and manage any contractors, volunteers and externally funded & time limited posts assigned to the post holder.
- Responsible for capital and/or revenue budgets as assigned
- Prepare reports to Cabinet and various Committees of the Council as required.
- Develop the City Council’s commitment to equal opportunities and to promote non-discriminatory practices in all aspects of work undertaken.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A degree in a related discipline, or equivalent level of qualification or experience.
- Membership of a relevant professional body.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of delivering parks and green spaces improvements and development initiatives.
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment including dealing with difficult customers.
- Experience of partnership working; both within and with bodies external to the City Council.
- Experience of assisting with the development and submission of successful bids for external and partnership funding.
- Experience of producing reports and update documents for key stakeholders including lead officers and members.
Skills & Abilities:
- Developed communication skills in a range of media.
- An understanding of the principles of budgeting and financial management.
- An understanding of the principles of problem solving.
- Ability to organise and prioritise own workload and to meet deadlines including urgent responses.
- Ability to support the commissioning of activity that will deliver the priorities and strategic outcomes.
- Ability to engage and consult with a range of stakeholders using appropriate tools and to give clear, accurate advice on process.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to assimilate and understand information rapidly.
- An understanding of the administrative and legal procedures in respect of planning in England.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Green Infrastructure Manager – Planning
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.