- Pay Rate:
£12.17 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
- STOCKTON ON TEES,
Temporary Graphic Designer x2
Job Ref: 5147213476465
The successful applicants will be responsible for undertaking graphic design projects, imposition and daily send to print (using both variable data and standard format) across a wide range of printed and digital media
- To be a part of a team of design and print professionals assisting with the effective and efficient delivery of a range of quality value for money design services.
- To utilise the design tools assigned to provide a complete range of graphic design work, including; stationery, leaflets, booklets, reports, exhibitions, media advertising, PowerPoint, web and any other work required within the appropriate level of creative ability, skills and training.
- Wherever possible, to ensure that all designs produced are capable of being printed internally to prevent unnecessary outsourcing of work.
- To utilise the service’s MIS as required, ensuring that information is added in a timely and accurate manner, to facilitate the smooth transition of jobs through the unit and the production of service performance and costing information. As required, create quotations, obtain suppliers quotations, job sheets, raise purchase orders and delivery notes and use any other module of the software required for the efficient processing of jobs and the supply of management information.
- To utilise the service’s MIS as required to assist with the placement of external print jobs by creating purchase orders and sending to external suppliers with relevant artwork files.
- To utilise relevant send-to-print or variable data production software in an effective manner to process work from the design section to the printing section’s equipment, utilising any digital print equipment and/or its on-line finishing capabilities as required.
- To utilise, prepare and operate the photocopying equipment as required.
- To undertake basic finishing duties as required.
- As an active part of the D&P Team, assist the D&P Manager and the Lead Graphic Designer by ensuring that effective liaison and a customer focussed approach takes place as work flows across the service and provide customers with products and services which are to the required levels of creativity, quality and cost and are delivered to agreed timescales.
- To take on additional responsibility within the service/customer interface to ensure that both the needs of the customer are met and that the capabilities of the service are promoted in a positive way as a means of identifying additional opportunities for the service
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A relevant Graphic design related qualification to a least NVQ Level three or equivalent or demonstrable substantial relevant experience
- Knowledge of industry standard design based software
- Knowledge of variable data software and related printing processes
- Experience of working in a design and print environment
- Ability to operate high-speed photocopying and full colour photocopiers
- Ability to ensure production of high quality graphics and print production work
- Ability to work in a busy, fast moving design and print environment and meet tight service delivery deadlines
- Ability to access reliable transport to carry out the travel requirements of the post
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Graphic Designer x2
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.