Sunderland 2021 AGY 61
- Pay Rate:
£15.33 max per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
The role will entail, repairs, renewals and servicing of mechanical equipment as requested by operational officers responsible for delivery.
Work typically will be in schools and small to medium commercial properties. Appliances covered include: commercial catering appliances, heating and hot water boilers, ambi-rad style heaters and space heaters (experience on all of the above not necessary but preferred).
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Minimum of 12 months recent gas fitter/ engineering experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Level 2 trade qualification as a minimum
- Current and relevant Gas Safe qualifications
- Experience in basic plumbing and heating system repairs
- Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication and customer relation skills
- Must be able to work alone and as part of a team and be proactive and resourceful in diagnosing problems.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages
- Other Requirements:
- Driving license required.
- Van provided to travel to and from work (not private use).
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.