- Pay Rate:
£13.61 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 7-8 months
Temporary Gas Engineer x2
Job Ref: 6359113451773
Operative to carry out Gas Servicing to tenanted properties via a supplied PDA and Vehicle for work use only
- Responsible for carrying out all work in compliance with industry standards, British standards and applying all relevant Approved Codes of Practice.
- Attend and resolve reactive repair works as issued by the planners within set time frames to ensure client expectations are met. Carry out fault diagnosis and repairs within the trade area.
- Install new heating/combustion installations/improvements including the removal of existing equipment. To install new domestic and commercial boilers.
- Proactively identify and undertake heating/combustion installation works and generate estimates for the works.
- Liaise with customers ensuring that works are carried out satisfactorily and to their specification. Communicating with customers to set expectations.
- Undertake heating/combustion planned preventative maintenance works, within set time frames to ensure statutory compliance.
- Undertake and be able to carry out general plumbing duties including alterations to pipework and fittings while understanding any legionella risks.
- Understanding statutory compliance with industry standards, British standards and applying all relevant Approved Codes of Practice.
- Ensuring that your personal skills, knowledge and qualifications are up to date as required by changing legislation.
- Assist in providing accurate reporting of progress and solutions to management and office colleagues
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Approved City & Guilds/CITB/ACS qualifications relevant to both domestic and commercial aspects of the industry
- Minor electrical knowledge
- General Plumbing skills
- Domestic and commercial gas heating installations
- Hot and cold water and heating systems installations
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Gas Engineer x2
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.