- Pay Rate:
£9.50 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, 07:30 – 15:30
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
Temporary Gardener – Property & Housing
This role will involve the watering of plants, shrubs and trees, weeding and tidying up plant beds and replenishing bark mulch when necessary.
To care for and maintain garden areas and green spaces. Work will vary and be affected by seasonal variations, e.g. planting, grass cutting, pruning, clearing leaves & litter etc.
You will be expected to use and maintain heavy machinery such as ride-on lawn mowers, hedge trimmers as well as general garden equipment; strimmers, spades pruning equipment, and may from time to time participate in hard landscaping.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Practical experience of gardening maintenance
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge/experience of planting, pruning, and grass cutting operations.
- Able to undertake routine maintenance of garden equipment.
- Knowledge of horticulture, plants, the landscape and the environment.
- Organised and able to plan out tasks.
- Willing to work outdoors in most weathers
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Other Work-Related Requirements: A driving licence is required and experience towing, as you will be driving a large vehicle (pick-up or 3.5t van) and towing a water bowser mounted on a small trailer.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Gardener – Property & Housing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.