- Pay Rate:
£12.01 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 7 months until
Temporary Financial Administrative Officer - Children’s Services
Reference no: Hampshire 997674
The successful candidate will work with financial processes including approving monthly invoices and dealing with supplier queries, parental payment enquiries, and raising customer invoices. They will also provide support for the procurement, award and compliance of Home to School Transport contracts and maintain the driver database.
- Develop and provide a comprehensive and efficient administrative support service to meet business requirements to a high standard.
- Respond to routine supplier and customer enquiries relating to finance, referring these enquiries to other team members where appropriate.
- Monitor team inboxes, and distribute correspondence as required and dealing with communication of a confidential nature with discretion.
- Undertake general administrative duties.
- Develop, maintain and update various information systems to ensure accurate information is readily available, including paper systems, spreadsheets and databases.
- To be responsible for the day-to-day operational aspects of procurement ensuring that tenders are invited and opened on time, and in accordance with internal / external policies and regulations.
- Assist manager with quarterly updates of the Council’s Dynamic Purchasing System (DPS) for Home to School Transport services. This requires publishing a gate opening in accordance with DPS regulations, evaluating each tender submission using an agreed scoring system, providing feedback to suppliers on their individual scores, and arranging the formal contract award.
- Liaise directly with suppliers in order to provide technical support and resolve queries during and after the tender process.
- To be responsible for the administration of Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) applications using the Council’s on-line application system. Providing advice to suppliers, and their drivers, on the DBS process and the requirements for working in Regulated Activity. Where necessary, assisting applicants to complete their application forms and ensure that they provide the correct ID documentation in accordance with DBS guidelines.
- Monitor the use of contract drivers and vehicles. This may require visits to schools across Hampshire.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of delivering a wide range of administrative functions and tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both written and oral, with a wide range of people.
- Dealing sensitively with confidential information, and sometimes difficult telephone calls relating to information disclosed on DBS certificates.
- Ability to collate, compile, check and record information and data with a high degree of accuracy, ensuring the department’s data quality standard is met, and handle confidential information sensitively and appropriately.
- Understand and adhere to the requirements of GDPR.
- Ability to demonstrate effective planning and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload and work with the minimum supervision on own initiative in a busy work environment.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
- Previous experience working in a financial role, processing payments and financial transactions.
- Previous experience in dealing with and resolving customer queries.
- Previous experience working with SAP.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Financial Admin Officer - Children’s Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.