- Pay Rate:
£13 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36, Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4 months
- Southwark, London,
Temporary Finance Officer – Payments Team x2
Reference no: Southwark 5219177
Pay Rate: £13 per hour PAYE
Finance Officers are needed to join the Provider Payment team, within the Personal Budget and Client Affairs team. This involves delivering on Provider Payment functions including queries, annual uplifts, cost codes, Provider Overpayments and Direct Payment monitoring, setting up suppliers. You will also need to monitor Direct Payments We also lead on the payment runs for the four weekly payment runs for Direct Payments and Nursing and Residential.
Other areas of work include verifying of invoices and working with various stakeholders.
- Managing accounts payables and receivables transactions using appropriate systems and ensuring appropriate authorisation.
- Dealing with queries from managers’, vendors’, and customers’ (including service providers / service users), taking appropriate action to resolve.
- Carry out system reconciliations, identifying discrepancies and taking remedial action.
- Participate in the closing of accounts programme.
- Provide information and appropriate financial advice to budget holders and senior officers.
- Participate in the preparation of bids for funding.
- Participate in the preparation of financial information for internal decision-making processes, e.g., Committee reports.
- Provide statistical and financial analysis.
- Taking ownership of a group / range of customers or vendors (includes service providers / service users / contractors) and carrying out regular checks of outstanding balances and actions required.
- Reporting suspected fraud and malpractice in line with the Fraud response Plan.
- Supporting the investigation of any suspected fraud or malpractice.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educational achievements to the level of 5 GCSEs or equivalent.
- Currently working towards a professional accountancy qualification relevant to public finance.
- Knowledge of local government finance.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience of accounts payable and receivable transactions.
- Experience in using computerised financial information system(s) in the delivery of finance functions.
- Evidence of effective use of ICT applications in a workplace
- Experience of preparing financial and statistical information to various audiences in the workplace.
- Able to work on different databases and applications such as Mosaic and SAP and can use Excel to an intermediate level.
- Able to analyse basic financial data and reports.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Good communication and written skills.
- Able to understand how equal opportunities apply in an administrative/ finance service.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Finance Officer – Payments Team x2
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.