- Pay Rate:
£16.01 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Wembley, London,
Temporary Finance Business Support Officer/Admin x 2
Reference no: Brent 5212084
The purpose of the role is to provide an efficient and professional day to day administrative supportive to Enforcement Agents. Provide a customer focused bailiff service and be actively committed to equality in service provision and sensitive to the needs of customers.
- Acting as the first point of contact within the enforcement team, maintaining professional communications with internal and external customers by taking responsibility for all post, telephone and electronic queries and handling them as appropriate.
- Ensure that debts are collected in accordance with the legislation, council policy procedures, codes of practice and Data Protection Act.
- Employ a fair, firm and consistent client sensitive approach at all times.
- Obtain relevant information, make payment arrangements with customers and process methods of payment changes.
- Account for monies received and manage receipts and other documents, in accordance with the Council’s policies and procedures.
- Amend and update accounts as necessary to maximize collection in accordance with procedures.
- Make enquiries to establish the whereabouts of absconded debtors.
- Work closely and co-operate with contractors retained by the council for enforcement of debts.
- Coordinate actions to collect where a range of debts are owed by an individual.
- To ensure that close liaison and excellent communications are maintained with other council departments, so that a high standard of service provision is maintained.
- Provide information, support and advice to stakeholders and other services in order to meet the council’s overall standards in service delivery and customer care. Where necessary make referrals to debt counsellors such as Money Advice & CAB.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum educational level of GCSE Maths and English at grade C.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of working within a revenues enforcement or similar environment.
- Experience in finance and online payments, experience in balancing accounts and spreadsheets.
- Experience of following and adapting administrative processes to meet service needs.
- Experience of data input and data management ensuring accuracy and where appropriate confidentiality.
- Experience of managing conflicting priorities, under pressure, to meet service objectives.
- Experience of providing business support in a busy environment and dealing with challenging customers.
- Minute taking experience
- Knowledge of legislation affecting taking control of goods, including Commercial Rents recovery, Council Tax and Business Rates, County Court remedies relating to Sundry debts, Housing Benefit overpayments and Rents, insolvency legislation and the rights of enforcement agents in debt recovery.
Skills & Abilities:
- An effective team-player.
- Ability to manage and prioritise own workload and a high degree of self-motivation in order to meet targets.
- High level of interpersonal skills and the ability to accurately present information – both written and oral.
- Ability to identify and manage confidential and sensitive information and to operate with professionalism, probity and integrity.
- Ability to work effectively across service areas.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Finance Business Support Officer/Admin x 2
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.