- Pay Rate:
£14.63 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Temporary Finance Administrator x2
Job Ref: Oxfordshire 5215522
Pay Rate: £14.63 per hour PAYE
Basic DBS disclosure required
The post holds responsibility for delivering of the functions of the various government funding schemes for migrant populations, primarily the Homes for Ukraine scheme. Ensuring all payment are accurate and made in a timely way; system data issues are resolved to ensure optimal efficiency and effectiveness ensuring compliance with all legal requirements
- Undertake key functions required in the team being responsible for payments for school education and early years in accordance to DfE guidance.
- Ensure payments have been appropriately authorised within agreed timescales. This will include payments for the Homes to Ukraine scheme, and may include other funding schemes for migrants such as those associated with Hong Kong and Afghanistan.
- Using internal finance systems, such as IBC to a high standard with a good working knowledge of all the systems required to undertake the role.
- Ensuring that all data is recorded accurately and promptly according to Policies and procedures.
- A commitment to developing understanding of the processes involved in all the payment areas and developing knowledge and expertise of systems and processes.
- Responding to queries in a professional and timely manner, fostering effective working relationships with team colleagues, other members of the organisation and external providers and professionals.
- Amending system errors as requested within the scope of the role.
- Identifying and implementing operational and system support issues. Escalating wider issues that require resolution.
- Contributing to the analysis, development and improvement of the system processes and solutions to meet business requirements
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Experience and aptitude particularly to work on own, but also to work as part of a team and collaboratively with colleagues, and partners
- Excellent ICT skills including extensive knowledge and ability to use spreadsheets; and able to utilise business systems effectively
- Good attention to detail, and experience in analysing and interpreting data, and presenting it in an understandable format
- Good communicator, who communicates clearly and openly
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Finance Administrator x2
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.