- Pay Rate:
£10.59 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 9-10 months
- DARLINGTON, Co. Durham,
Full Job Title: Temporary Finance Admin Assistant – Resources
Reference no: Darlington 6343313773564
Pay Rate: £10.59 per hour PAYE
A Finance Assistant is required to work within a team which provides financial support and advice to the diverse services within the Council and Schools throughout the Borough.
- Assist with the preparation of revenue estimates, closure of accounts, statement of accounts, revenue grant claims and returns
- Assist in the provision and use of financial information.
- Assist with aspects of the Council’s insurance function.
- Assist with budget monitoring and liaise with appropriate officers and head teachers in the preparation of revenue and capital projections and trading statements on a monthly basis.
- Calculate and process payments to private, voluntary and independent establishments.
- To contribute to the development of appropriate systems and procedures.
- To establish and maintain systems to log and update financial information from various sources.
- Ensure probity, cost effectiveness and accurate monitoring of the Department’s finances.
- To carry out the debt recovery process of the council as appropriate.
- Assist in the provision of information as is required by members, other departments, the council’s external auditors, schools, government departments and other agencies, for both internal and external reporting purposes.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Currently Studying for Association of Accounting Technicians or qualified to NVQ level 3 in a relevant field - desirable
- Knowledge & Experience:
- Approximately 1 years’ experience of financial management systems and procedures
- Approximately 1 years’ experience of working in a finance role
- Experience of dealing with enquiries from a range of people
- Experience of using the Agresso Financial Management system - desirable
- Knowledge of accounting concepts and principles - desirable
- Knowledge and understanding of local government finance and functions - desirable
- Experience of relating financial information to staff from a non-financial background - desirable
- Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to apply accurate literacy and numeracy skills to include spelling, grammar, punctuation, percentages and decimals
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with a range of audiences.
- Ability to work under pressure, organise work and plan tasks to meet deadlines
- Able to deal with invoices in accordance with council procedures and carry out relevant audit requirements
- Ability to interpret figures with skill and understanding.
- Ability to work to a high degree of accuracy with attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- ICT Skills: IT literate, capable of using MS Word, Excel, other office packages and financial management systems
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Finance Admin Assistant – Resources
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.