- Pay Rate:
£12.05 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Temporary Facilities Management Officer
Job Ref: Derbyshire 5216651
Pay Rate: £12.05 per hour PAYE
To ensure that all accommodation facilities at non-school operational properties are fit for purpose by ensuring the productivity and capacity of the Service and positively contributing to the image of the entire organisation
- Work closely with the Property Services and Facilities Management (PS&FM) helpdesk and external Service Providers to ensure timely and appropriate reporting and completion of all scheduled works and remedial repairs in accordance with Service Level Agreement, contractual requirements, specifications and the Council’s Health and Safety and Quality Controls Procedures.
- To inspect, report and ensure the service level agreement (SLA) targets, contracts, Health and Safety standards and other relevant Council policies and standards are adhered to by external contractors. Reporting by way of the PS&FM Help Desk.
- Maintain the site buildings records including Health and Safety, maintenance manuals, drawings, logbooks, service reports and worksheets. Use the PS&FM Helpdesk to create new job requests, monitor progress and update the jobs as and when necessary.
- Deal with facilities requests raised by customers in an appropriate manner and according to service level agreements (SLAs), taking action as appropriate by agreed procedures.
- Maintain a secure key handling service, ensuring keys are signed out to and recalled from contractors efficiently and expediently. A highly security conscious individual is required for this role
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- 1-4 GCSEs; NVQ Level 1; Building and Maintenance level 2, Microsoft literate (excel, email and word)
- Experience of managing of Building & Facilities Maintenance in an Office environment
- Practical experience of Customer Care, Communications Skills, Oversight of cleaning, security, waste and grounds maintenance contracts
- Experience of using Microsoft Office packages e.g. Word, Outlook and Excel
- Able to demonstrate delivery of service in a customer focussed environment
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Facilities Management Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.