- Pay Rate:
£13.44 per hour, PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Temporary Personal Advisor – Leaving Care
Reference no: Darlington 6375613805889
Pay rate: £13.44 per hour, PAYE
Enhanced DBS gained within the last 12 months required
The post-holder will be responsible for pathway planning for young people and reviewing their progress and will provide individual personal support and advocacy to young people based on assessment of their learning and personal development needs and the negotiation and agreement of learning and personal development plans.
- Provide a quality needs-led service for young people preparing to leave care and to provide their support post-care
- Provide support to young people once they have reached 18 by providing a range of individual and group work sessions designed to improve their life skills, relieve social isolation and enhance peer group support
- Maintain knowledge of accommodation providers and work with young people to ensure that contact and security of licence or tenancy for accommodation is a priority
- Assess young people’s financial needs and to organise payment, claiming benefit or grants from education or charitable funds and, where necessary, support young people to spend their leaving care grants
- Provide a flexible service, outside normal hours where necessary.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience & Knowledge / Technical skills:
- Previous care experience working with young people aged 16 -25.
- Previous experience of managing a caseload and support young people with various issues such as housing, education etc.
- An understanding of the needs of Care Leavers who have been 'looked after' by the local authority.
Skills & Abilities:
- Good report writing skills.
- Ability to organise own workload and manage a caseload of Care Leavers with varying degrees of intervention.
- A team player with positive attitude towards Care Leavers and able to help them see their potential.
- The skills to develop good relationships with young people and ability to motivate them to become more independent and face the challenges of life.
- Ability to complete administrative tasks in a quality and time-efficient manner
- Ability to communicate processes and information to others, respond clearly to questions and requests
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present information accurately, clearly and concisely to a range of audiences.
- Fully conversant with Microsoft office- Word, Excel, Oulook
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Personal Advisor – Leaving Care
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.