- Pay Rate:
£17.56 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 12-18 months
- KENSINGTON, LONDON,
Temporary Event Admin Planner - Venue
Job Ref: K&C 5216991
Pay Rate: £17.56 per hour PAYE
To produce a tailored event schedule on a one-to-one basis with each client, detailing the event production and logistics, whilst ensuring all guidelines, health and safety and risk assessments are employed as appropriate. To further book and co-ordinate external suppliers and equipment to meet the requirements of the event brief
- Ensure personal targets are met monthly by ensuring that all client correspondences are clear and concise; that regular liaison with assigned clients are undertaken to facilitate the timely collation; review and approval of event specifications including logistics, floor plans, RAMs, catering waiver certification and all third-party hire.
- To ensure all fees have been applied, received, and cleared through finance prior to the event date and to further undertake client account reconciliations through the financial systems for payment verification.
- To administer telephone payments and respond to direct enquiries through the caller group system.
- To be responsible for producing a detailed schedule of events every third week for review and discussion with the Operations and Logistics teams during planning meetings.
- To be proficient in raising purchase orders, invoices, credit notes through the financial systems.
- On event day(s) ensure client requirements are met in accordance with the schedule, including checking that the venue is prepared in line with floorplans; ensure equipment and services are in good working order and where equipment or merchandise has been supplied by the client or third-party contractor, ensure safety standards are upheld and in particular, ensure these articles do not obstruct emergency exit routes.
- Ensure all personnel abide by the terms and conditions of hire and code of conduct whilst on site.
- Undertake and ensure that dilapidation inspection tours are carried out with the client pre- and post-event, whilst ensuring the venue and catering facilities are left in a clean and orderly manner.
- Regularly liaise with the client and their third-party suppliers throughout their tenancy as appropriate, ensuring all is in order and to support the smooth running of their event.
- Post-event ensure feedback forms are submitted and analysed, escalating any concerns or complaints to the Senior Events Manager
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to A-Level Standard or equivalent
- Strong work base knowledge of the Events and Hospitality Industry
- Knowledge of basic audio-visual aids
- A minimum of 2 years’ successful experience in the events industry, with front of house experience
- Strong administrative and time management skills
- General finance skills, including generating invoices, credit notes, preparing quotations and making calculations for deposits, reductions, and debt management
- Ability to deal face to face with senior managers, directors and dignitaries from within and outside the Council
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Event Admin Planner - Venue
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.