- Pay Rate:
£140.00 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
Temporary Estates Technician
Reference no: Hackney RQ504595
The Team require an skilled worker to ensure effective management of the client’s Commercial and VCS property portfolios. In this respect the post holder will be expected to support the Principal Surveyor and Estates Surveyors, and to directly deliver much of the workload that is typically managed by professionally qualified Estates Surveyors.
- Marketing and letting of void properties; ordering and monitoring repairs in respect of the Council’s Commercial and VCS property portfolios.
- Managing capital investment works in respect of individual properties.
- Delivering a wide range of other management functions including the routine management of the Commercial Property Portfolio including payment of utilities, service charge payments, licence to assign, and licence to carry out works.
- Coordinating the overall approach of the Commercial Estates Service to the management, marketing and letting of void properties and providing accurate reports in respect of financial obligations and budget implications arising.
- Assist the Compliance Manager in respect of the Commercial Estates Service’s approach to Health and Safety compliance in respect of the Commercial and VCS property portfolios.
- Providing support with a variety of property related projects and assisting with the preparation of options appraisals and feasibility studies, and with the preparation of briefing notes and Cabinet reports.
- Manage commercial properties, VCS properties and retail parades within the commercial portfolio, identifying opportunities to increase rental income and to minimise costs, while meeting the Council’s broader objectives, and support the Principal Surveyor and Estates Surveyors in the management of their portfolios.
- Work closely with the Principal Surveyor (Commercial and VCS) and/ or relevant Estates Surveyor in respect of the management of properties let to Voluntary and Community Sector Organisations (VCS), carrying out tenders for new VCS lettings, lease renewals, valuations and other work, as required.
- Be responsible for a wide range of estate management work in respect of the Council’s wider property holdings, including disposals and acquisitions, wayleaves and easements, release of covenant, and providing landlord’s consent.
- Contribute to a range of property related projects and programmes. These projects are likely to range from developing options and recommendations in respect of individual properties and implementing the decisions made, through to participation in major regeneration schemes.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Demonstrable ability to manage a portfolio of commercial properties.
- Good commercial landlord and tenant knowledge.
- Good knowledge of health and safety legislation and practice relating to commercial properties.
- Proficient in word processing.
- Proven ability to deliver initiatives and projects from inception to implementation within set timescales.
- Evidence of meeting and setting personal priorities, objectives and deadlines while maintaining a focus on the key service priorities/ accountabilities.
- Ability to thrive within a performance management culture.
- Able to work on own initiative and be solutions focused.
- Adaptable and open to change, and committed to acquiring new skills and knowledge.
- Personal and professional demeanour which generates credibility and confidence amongst customers, senior officers, managers, staff, external partners, clients and all other stakeholders.
- Very strong team player; able to work closely with other officers in delivering Service and corporate objectives.
- Highly developed communication skills; proven ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with a wide range and of people including tenants, members of the public, staff, colleagues, and Council Members.
- Willingness to take responsibility for delivering projects and other workload.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.