- Pay Rate:
£19.75 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- ISLINGTON, LONDON,
Temporary Estate Services Coordinator x4
Job Ref: RQ610728
To ensure estates are maintained at the highest possible standards of cleanliness, safety, security and appearance
- To manage a dispersed team of caretakers, (including the supervision of mobile relief and agency caretakers as required), to ensure they deliver a high quality and responsive service on our estates. This will include (but is not limited to): dealing with induction and probation of new starters; allocation of work and setting clear targets; conducting and supporting training and development; conduct of regular one to one supervision meetings and quality conversations; assessment of their health and wellbeing; compliance with Health & Safety at work; performance, conduct and sickness absence management, ensuring that corrective action is taken where appropriate in accordance with Council policy and procedures; keeping accurate staff management records.
- To be a motivational leader - coaching, inspiring, supporting and guiding your team to achieve their personal and service objectives, encouraging a strong team working and resident focused culture. To develop a thorough knowledge of caretaker tasks and frequencies, Council HR procedures and relevant legislation and be able to implement these
- Effectively manage performance, analysing inspection reports as well as resident and Member feedback/complaints, to address areas of concern
- To ensure that appropriate staffing levels are maintained at all times.
- To ensure caretaker lodges and welfare facilities are compliant with relevant health and safety regulations. This includes reviewing records of inspections, working collaboratively with H&S colleagues and dealing with any concerns to satisfactory completion.
- To ensure caretakers order the appropriate levels of cleaning materials and equipment, ensuring Health and Safety legislation is observed, and they have adequate supplies and PPE to carry out their duties.
- To provide caretaker supervision on a rota basis at weekends.
- To assist as required in the measurement of caretaker workloads
- To have oversight of accurate records relating to caretakers storage and maintenance of machinery, materials and equipment
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Undergo all H&S training, including professional accredited H&S studies e.g. NEBOSH/IOSH
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation, relevant to the provision of a caretaking and estate services
- Knowledge of estate services including grounds maintenance, repairs and cleaning practices
- Proven experience of delivering services to the public
- Experience of maintaining positive relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Strong verbal and written communications skills including letter and report writing; able to deliver presentations, successfully liasing with staff, managers, residents, other teams/ departments, councillors and MPs, external agencies and contractors
- Ability to adopt a flexible approach to team working and to also be self-motivated, self disciplined and able to work on your own initiative
- Ability to inspect and assess the quality of work carried out by caretakers and take corrective management action to address issues where necessary
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Estate Services Coordinator x4
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.