- Pay Rate:
£15.64 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36, Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6-12 months
- Kensington, London,
Temporary Estate Assistant (Housing)
Reference no: K&C 5222533
Pay Rate: £15.64 per hour PAYE
An Estate Assistant is needed to provide administrative, customer support and management assistance - providing and responding to enquiries and complaints.
Providing contact assistance with residents and stake holders who contact the team during working hours via post, telephone calls, emails and visits.
- Raising work orders; updating Capita/Open Housing transactions ensuring accuracy and timely updating of spend accounts.
- Checking the input and accuracy of work orders in Open Housing including all stock related costs.
- Responsible for working with suppliers ensuring invoices are processed against IBC Purchase Orders in a timely manner.
- Assisting with the end-to-end purchase to pay process when requested by your line manager to ensure the best service is delivered to our tenants.
- Assist in co-ordinating the undertaking of letter drops by Caretakers on behalf of other departments.
- Respond to enquiries from contractors, residents, work colleagues and 3rd parties and assist in resolving queries at the point of contact.
- Respond to informal complaints and enquiries using CRM system regarding all services and projects provided by the Team.
- Maintain the team SharePoint page with an organized file structure, team updates, KPI data and meetings minutes records.
- Assist management team with diary planning & monitoring and book events, meetings, training where required and maintain a team calendar accurately and timely recording absence.
- Compose and type documents (reports, letters, schedules etc.) within the required timescales.
- Maintain the Service team’s profile on the intranet, acting as a central point for adding, removing, or updating information in conjunction with the communications team.
- Organise, minute take and prepare Agenda’s/minutes for meetings, away-days, and other events as required. This includes the preparation and distribution of minutes, preparing rooms and reports, letters, schedules etc.
- Liaise with other officers, departments and external agencies in the collection and dissemination of information, reports etc., advising, fact finding.
- Provide supervisory and service monitoring assistance to service managers for the purpose of supporting workflow demands and personal development for succession planning purposes.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience, Skills, Knowledge / Technical skills:
- Efficient in use of time and works in a well-structured way.
- Performs effectively by keeping emotions under control, especially in stressful and difficult situations.
- Able to carry out, supervise, monitor, and direct operatives work to ensure operational procedures are followed and Health & Safety requirements are met.
- Able to provide effective induction training and coaching of staff in all aspects of their work and ensure they carry out their work in a timely and effective manner. Able to motivate and lead staff.
- Able to monitor quantities of materials and stock held by estate and mobile staff for the performance of operational duties, and ensure equipment and stock are accounted for and held safe and secure during and after completion of daily work.
- Able to recognize potential hazards to health and act to protect and/or minimize risk to self, other staff, and the public, in accordance with Health & safety guidance and procedures.
- Able to liaise effectively with stakeholders to inspect, identify and resolve shortfalls in service standards.
- Listens, anticipates, and seeks to exceed the expectations and needs of our customers.
- Builds and maintains good relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Understands and adapts to the needs of vulnerable residents and people with special needs.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Estate Assistant (Housing)
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.