- Pay Rate:
£9.60 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
Full Job Title: Temporary Environmental Maintenance Team Operative x2 – Parks
Reference no: N Tyneside 5297313642451
To assist other team members in horticultural, grounds maintenance and sports provision operations and contribute to the overall quality of the Parks service.
- Assist other team members in horticultural and grounds maintenance duties in parks, public open spaces and other areas maintained by the Service Unit
- Drive and operate departmental vehicles, specialist equipment and plant as and when required and be responsible for basic checks, safety, cleanliness and safe keeping of equipment whilst in use
- May be required to undertake sports facility duties, co-ordinating the on site provision of football, rugby, cricket or bowls fixtures as and when required
- Give appropriate responses to enquiries and complaints from Service Users, when approached and report any issues to Line Managers as necessary
- Encourage Service Users to comply with relevant Acts and Byelaws and assist Parks Officers to take enforcement action and undertake patrol duties, where appropriate
- Encourage joint working with Volunteers and Work Placements
- Assist with site preparation to help facilitate events and activities on Parks maintained land
- Adhere at all times with the health and safety requirements considered necessary whilst carrying out the duties of the post
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum of 12 months recent horticultural/grounds maintenance experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Ability to operate and maintain Horticultural Machinery
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Other Work-Related Requirements: Full valid driving licence
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temp Environmental Maintenance Team Operative x2 – Parks
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.