- Pay Rate:
£11.05 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36, Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Hornchurch, Essex,
Temporary Environmental Maintenance Operative
Reference no: Havering RQ684947
Pay Rate: £11.05 per hour PAYE
An Environmental Maintenance Operative is needed to undertake, either individually or as a member of a team, street sweeping to the public highway.
Duties to include all activities associated with street cleaning, ensuring a clean and safe environment to the required cleanliness standard.
- Sweeping the public highway to the required standard.
- Litter, detritus and fly posting, and minor graffiti cleaning.
- Emptying litter bins.
- Bin emptied and any spillage or nearby litter / detritus cleared up.
- Carry out seasonal duties including leaf clearance and snow & ice clearance.
- All areas attended left clean, tidy, and safe.
- Clearance of dog mess, vomit and oil spills using appropriate materials to soak up all items .
- Correct use of the appropriate tools and equipment.
- Cleaning carried out effectively and efficiently.
- Operate a range of Street Cleaning vehicles and plant Mechanical sweepers, trucks, and specialist tools & equipment safely and efficiently.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Experience of working to maintenance schedules and working on the public highway.
- Knowledge of Manual Handling and Health & Safety.
- Good understanding of all aspects of Street Cleaning.
- Knowledge of Street Cleaning machinery and its uses.
- Able to work in a team or individually with minimal supervision.
- Capable of carrying out heavy labouring work.
- Willing and able to work outside of core hours.
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team, to the required standard with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrates a strong internal and external customer focus.
- Communicates clearly both verbally and in writing.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Environmental Maintenance Operative
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.