- Pay Rate:
£18.85 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- HENGOED, Caerphilly,
Full Job Title: Temporary Environmental Health Officer x2 – Food
Reference no: Caerphilly 5212025
Improve the health and quality of life of residents of the County Borough, using a variety of interventions including encouragement and partnership working through to warnings and enforcement action.
Key Result Areas:
- Deliver and achieve the objectives and targets set out in the team’s work plan.
- Implement measures to protect public health.
- Inspection and regulation of commercial premises and businesses to ensure legal compliance.
- Implementation of the Food Hygiene Rating Scheme.
- Investigation of service requests and complaints.
- Accident investigations.
- Participation in Health Promotion activities
- Responding to requests for service promptly.
- Investigating and implementing measures to control outbreaks of communicable disease.
- Providing specialist advice to planning services, on planning applications.
- Working as a ‘Responsible Authority’ for the purposes of licensing commercial premises for entertainment and other associated activities.
- Providing responses to local authority land searches and requests made under the Freedom of Information legislation.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Qualified as an Environmental Health Officer and registered with the Environmental Health Registration Board or with gain registration within 6 months of commencing the post.
- Knowledge of food safety, health and safety and communicable disease control work and associated legislation.
- Technical knowledge of food safety systems.
- Knowledge of legislation and guidance including the Food Hygiene Rating (Wales) Act and assoc. regulations.
- Technical knowledge of health and safety processes and accident prevention.
- Experience of working within a food safety, health and safety and communicable disease control team
- ICT Skills: IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Other Work-Related Requirements:
- Undertake duties within a flexible working day/weekend including participating in the provision of out of hours service including weekend working.
- Full UK Category B (Cars) driving licence and the use of a motor vehicle insured for business / work purposes to travel throughout the county borough and transport relevant equipment.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Environmental Health Officer x2 – Food
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.