- Pay Rate:
£19.34 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- ILFORD, London,
Full Job Title: Temporary Environmental Health Officer – Housing
Reference no: Redbridge RQ647756
An experienced EHP is required to investigate and enforce under Housing Act 2004 Parts 1-4 and Housing and Planning Act 2016.
Provide high quality specialised services in the area of private sector Housing and advise on the full range of issues which meet the needs of the multi-racial community including managing projects and assisting in policy development as required.
- As an authorised Environmental Health Officer provide professional/technical advice and mentoring to other Environmental Health Officers/Technical Officers/Trainee Technical Officers/Students within the Service.
- Carry a caseload prioritising and programming work and making decisions on cases as required. Initiating inspections in all types premises including high risk premises. To secure compliance to acceptable standards by own initiative.
- Deliver advice, run campaigns and education initiatives with businesses, residents and targeted groups to raise and improve levels of public health within the Borough
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Qualifications: EHRB accreditation and be working towards the Assessment of Professional Development scheme of the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health.
- Experience of responding effectively to changing demands and priorities, meeting targets and deadlines and maintaining quality services
- Experience of working in an Environmental Health department investigating complaints.
- Detailed and comprehensive knowledge of regulatory and discretionary responsibilities within the area of the teams responsibilities
- Knowledge and awareness of the issues involved when working within a multi-racial community
- Awareness of the communication and consultation techniques needed to obtain feedback from service users and to assist the focus of service development
- Knowledge of housing regulation and public health functions as it relates to Environmental Health
- ICT Skills: IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Environmental Health Officer – Housing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.