- Pay Rate:
£12.42 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Temporary Environmental Enforcement Officer
Job Ref: RQ607309
A DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role; however the level of disclosure has not been specified by the client.
To provide effective community patrolling and contribute to a number of enforcement activities including littering, fly tipping, graffiti, abandoned vehicles, nuisance parking and vehicle idling
- To issue Fixed Penalty Notices (FPNs) to individuals encountered during the patrol of your beat who drop litter, graffiti, carry out fly-tipping and flyposting, allow their dog to foul without cleaning it up, and who park in such a way that it constitutes ‘nuisance parking’
- To investigate reports of abandoned vehicles as allocated by the Parking Manager, following the set procedure, keeping evidence and when necessary arranging for the removal of vehicles.
- To support the Council’s anti-idling plans asking motorists in contravention to switch off their engines, and issue FPNs if required.
- To uphold the Council’s values when patrolling remaining courteous, calm, and professional at all times, even when under duress or provocation
- To gather evidence on behalf of the Environmental Health team in matters such as flytipping or flyposting.
- To liaise with Operational Services in matters involving littering or graffiti.
- To support the Council’s Car Park team, assisting in the car park office or with simple machine fixes or car park checks as required.
- To issue Penalty Charge Notices as required if parking is seen to be in contravention.
- To patrol at designated schools to ensure compliant parking is occurring to maximise child safety
- To provide excellent customer service when dealing with general enquiries from the public
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- General standard of education
- Knowledge of legislation and regulations relating to regulatory services and the issuing of Fixed Penalty Notices
- Experience of working in a customer/community facing role
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and handle potentially difficult situations
- Ability to remain calm, courteous, and professional at all times
- Ability to work well within a team
- Excellent attendance and timekeeping
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Environmental Enforcement Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.