- Pay Rate:
£17.80 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4-5 months
- MANCHESTER, Lancs,
Full Job Title: Temporary Engineer – Traffic Team
Job Reference: Manchester 0006 76D8 / 1
Pay Rate: £17.80 per hour PAYE (plus 33 days paid holiday)
This role is Hybrid
The post holder will be responsible for supporting Traffic and Road Safety Team Manager with a good understanding of traffic, parking management and road safety engineering/legislation.
Working with internal and external partners to support the development of the strategic pipeline of projects over the next 5 to 10 years in alignment with the City’s plans and aspirations for growth.
Writing initial project scopes to provide to the MCC Highway Client Team so they can provide options / proposed solutions.
Checking Highway Schemes from a Traffic perspective to ensure that schemes / projects are fit for purpose and in line with standards and guidelines.
Supporting the delivery of CDM as the City Councils Highways. Ensuring the appropriate duties are carried out under CDM.
Dealing with enquiries from Councillors, MPs, Council officers, members of the public and partners such as Transport for Greater Manchester and Greater Manchester Police.
Interrogating and analysing collision data, undertaking site assessments and reporting and presenting findings.
Ensuring an awareness is maintained of funding opportunities via various government schemes including funding opportunities connected with DfT and TfGM etc. Leading or commissioning the preparation of bids for new funding.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- HNC/D or Degree in Civil Engineering/Transportation or equivalent or appropriate post graduate qualification.
- Desirably Incorporated or Chartered and a member, or working towards membership, of an appropriate institution (CIHT, IHIE, ICE, ILT etc.).
- Evidence of significant and ongoing CPD.
- Knowledge & Experience:
- Extensive experience in detailed and/or preliminary design of highways and traffic engineering schemes.
- Significant knowledge and understanding of government policies and legislation relating to highways and traffic.
- Significant supervisory/management experience.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of specifications and standards in the design of traffic and highways schemes.
- Demonstrable experience in investigating highways, traffic and/or parking issues and identifying and designing solutions.
- Experience in preparing and managing public consultation processes and presenting information to stakeholders and the public.
- Skills & Abilities:
- Effective staff management together with the ability to motivate and develop staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to assist in formulating policies and strategies
- ICT Skills:
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
- Experience or understanding of the use of design software such as AutoCAD.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Engineer – Traffic Team
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.