- Pay Rate:
£17.57 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Full Job Title: Enforcement Officer - Strategic Property Services
Reference no: Enfield RQ602916
Standard DBS disclosure required
The delivery of a customer focused planning enforcement service in accordance with planning legislation, corporate priorities and best practice.
To investigate reported and suspected unauthorised encampments in accordance with the Council’s adopted procedures.
To undertake the investigation of reported and suspected breaches of Council land in accordance with agreed performance standards and corporate priorities and policies.
To carry out site inspections and visits to establish the existence and severity of a reported or suspected breach and gather intelligence and co-ordinate response with direction from Lead Officer.
Seek to negotiate the resolution of trespass without having to resort to formal action and where negotiations have failed, recommend the instigation of appropriate formal action.
Assist the Lead officer for the Council in formal proceedings and prepare all necessary documentation.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Good standard of education in English and Mathematics
- Experience of carrying out a range of enforcement duties focussing on unauthorised encampments
- Ability to gather evidence and undertake interviews.
- Experience of producing witness statements and accurate report writing
- Excellent Negotiating Skills
- Ability to carry out a range of complex and other in-depth inspections and other enforcement
- Knowledge of Enforcement, Police & criminal Evidence Act (PACE) and regulation and investigatory Powers Act (RIPA)
- ICT Skills: IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Enforcement Officer - Strategic Property Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.