- Pay Rate:
£13.18 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Full Job Title: Temporary Enforcement & Education Officer – Waste Services
Reference no: Bath RQ642416
To provide effective and efficient waste education and cleansing enforcement activities working unsupervised for much of the time, accessing and assessing information independently.
As directed by the Senior Education and enforcement Officer, provide technical support, enforcement activity and specific project support under general direction of a qualified professional in support of service delivery, applying knowledge and skills to a range of activities demonstrating understanding of the service area and the relevant procedures and guidelines
Be curious by keeping abreast of relevant legislative good practice to ensure the application of knowledge and skills to a range of enforcement activities within the service area and the relevant procedure and guidelines.
To be accountable to and caring for the wider local community with respect to making the environment a cleaner place. Acting with integrity, and ensure successful collaboration with enforcement partners and other organisations with regard to seeking the best outcomes for the community.
Be responsible for the enforcement of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, section 99, 100, 101.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Vocational qualification or experience to level 3 or 4 relevant to the service user group or equivalent.
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject
- Knowledge & Experience:
- Significant practical experience of working with service user groups giving rise to a variety of technical skills and sound understanding of the services available, work practices and processes relevant to the role
- Knowledge and understanding of technical standards, safe working practices and legislation for service areas.
- Specific Skills required for this Role:
- The ability and flexibility to work across and support a wide-range of services within the Council and the ability to work with other partner or commissioned organisations.
- Have good interpersonal skills for dealing with members of the public, local, members and organisations - able to deal with volatile situations.
- Highly numerate, with the proven ability to understand, analyse, interpret and explain complicated information and data
- Ability to make analytical reasoning and recommendations about particular areas of work.
- Ability to engage with customers and contractors within the relevant codes of practice
- Ability to present evidence clearly and confidently
- Ability to undertake investigations and exercise statutory powers
- Proven ability to prepare written reports
- Proven ability to practically apply legislation including health and safety
- Ability to manage own work without close supervision including frequent lone working in all weathers and at all hours.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office and an ability to manipulate data in excel to produce relevant management information or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Other Work-Related Requirements: Whilst this is not shift work, when required the candidate will need to be willing to work early mornings/evenings and at weekends.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Enforcement & Education Officer – Waste Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.