- Pay Rate:
£18.06 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Islington, London,
Temporary Energy Advisor - Customer Services
Job Ref: Islington RQ642746
Enhanced DBS (desirable)
Hybrid: 2 days per week in the office. This role will require occasional evening and weekend working
This role will require the undertaking of City and Guilds Energy Awareness course Level 3, and other professional training as services evolve.
To assist in the delivery of the Seasonal Health Intervention Network (SHINE) by providing a comprehensive advisory service on fuel poverty, energy and water efficiency and related topics to vulnerable clients both via telephone helplines and face-to-face. Support may include signposting to other services or debt casework.
- Support other staff members with home energy visits to advise on saving energy and water, fit smaller energy efficiency measures and identify potential for heating and insulation measures.
- Use a variety of methods to persuade and encourage shifts to more energy and water efficient living and to reduce fuel and water poverty including the provision of advice and information, training courses, workshops, and outreach work.
- Market the council’s advisory services to clients, including planning, co- ordinating and delivering presentations, events, and training sessions.
- Investigate energy related issues in the area, in particular co-ordinating the assistance that the council’s energy advice service and other organisations may be able to provide.
- Maintain information systems and ensure material is updated.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience & Knowledge:
- Experience of working in a public facing role in a customer service environment or call centre.
- Knowledge of domestic sustainable energy and affordable warmth issues relevant to an inner-city area.
- Knowledge of financial assistance available for domestic sustainable energy investment.
- Ability to promote and market energy and environmental advice to residents and to provide targeted advice and assistance to residents in fuel poverty.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with good attention to detail.
- Ability to prepare written and visual information.
- Ability to produce review reports on work programmes.
- Ability to provide clear, relevant technical and nontechnical advice to members of the public and other officers.
- Ability to work in collaboration with, and on behalf of other public bodies.
- Excellent IT skills, including a good working knowledge of: Microsoft Windows, Excel, Outlook, Word.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Enhanced DBS (desirable).
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Energy Advisor - Customer Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.