- Pay Rate:
£17.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months.
- Stoke on Trent,
Temporary Electrical Operational Team Leader –Trades & Operatives
Reference no: Stoke on Trent 5206630
The post-holder will assist in the provision of a safe, efficient, electrically compliant and cost-effective service stream on all areas of service delivery ensuring the highest quality of work is provided in the timescales determined by the contract.
- Monitor a multi-disciplinary team of directly and indirectly employed labour on their effectiveness and performance through leadership, direction and coaching.
- Closely manage operative attendance including sickness and annual leave.
- Fully investigate non-compliance issues and take appropriate action, escalating to Head of Service where appropriate.
- Take full ownership of all processes, risk management, legal requirements and training for working at heights, within your team.
- Lead, manage and contribute to the development of your team, using coaching and other management techniques.
- Carry out quality checks including comparative testing to ensure electrical compliance
- Review failure and recalls and take appropriate action.
- Manage plant and vehicles efficiently in line with business requirements.
- Ensure continued NICEIC qualifying supervisor status.
- Review and countersign electrical certification ensuring legal compliance, including but not limited to BS7671 as amended, Electricity at Work Act.
- Carry out work audits to ensure 100% certification of electrical work.
- Assist with compilation of fixed price electrical quotes.
- Provide electrical technical support for team and provide advice to other departments as requested.
- Maintain up to date technical knowledge through all means required.
- Assist in compiling electrical technical documentation and designs to ensure consistent approach maintained.
- Ensure electrical test equipment is maintained and calibrated.
- Ensure electrical sub-contractors work to Unitas minimum standards; have all required qualifications etc., through site inspections, quality checks and verification of certification.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience & Knowledge / Technical skills
- Good understanding of workplace Health and Safety legislation and HR working practices
- Relevant H&S qualifications (SMSTS/IOSH)
- Technical competence - NVQ3 in a relevant trade - Desirable
- C&G2382 17th Edition Wiring Regulations (18th Edition from June 2018)
- C&G2391 Inspection, Testing & Certification
- C&G2400 Design, Erection and Verification (or proven competence)
- Experience of managing and leading a team
- Experience of customer focused service delivery
- Proven experience in the management and development of employees
- Experience of working on domestic and commercial installation
- Experience of carrying out periodic inspections within domestic and commercial buildings
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to lead and influence beyond own team
- Adaptability in meeting customer needs
- Ability to take ownership and solve problems and implement actions
- Ability to build a positive team culture and relationships
- Ability to adapt to change
- Ability to increase commitment and performance within team
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to deliver service performance targets in accordance with client and customer requirements
- Ability to negotiate and manage difficult situations.
- Ability to be flexible with working hours and willing to work outside normal working hours
- Willing to undertake training and development when appropriate
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Electrical Operational Team Leader –Operatives
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.