- Pay Rate:
£16.01 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5-6 months
- HACKNEY, LONDON,
Temporary Education & Enforcement Officer x3
Job Ref: Hackney RQ678612
Pay Rate: £16.01 per hour PAYE
Education and Enforcement Officers to provide doorstep education, to undertake waste and recycling assessments, to respond to enquiries from residents, to monitor performance and participation, and to take enforcement action in line with legislation and Council Policies and Procedures which may include but not be limited to the issuing of formal notices, fixed penalties, cautions and prosecution action
- Carry out door-to-door education and enforcement activities in a defined area within Hackney, engaging the public through direct interaction, raising awareness of the service change, promoting the recycling services available and motivating customers to participate in these services.
- Raise instances of non-compliance with residents and explain corrective actions.
- Maintain an understanding of the Council’s domestic waste enforcement policy and be able to explain to residents when required.
- Carry out formal enforcement action in line with legislation and Council Policies and Procedures which may include (but is not limited to) issuing formal warning letters and legal notices, issuing Fixed Penalty Notices (FPNs), assisting with formal interviews, issuing cautions, case preparation and ultimately prosecution action, for which court attendance may be required.
- Ensuring that all customer interactions and associated enforcement activity is transparent and documented with a full audit trail. This includes recording activities using a phone or tablet based application(s).
- Undertake waste and recycling assessments to determine if residents qualify for extra capacity and/or to establish whether they are compliant with their pledge to recycling.
- Respond to customer enquiries, requests and orders ensuring they are triaged via the correct processes, following up to ensure they are completed.
- Distribute printed literature in support of door-to-door canvassing activities.
- Undertake community engagement work designed to engender compliance and achieve behaviour change, such as assisting with recycling and waste minimisation events and roadshows, as required.
- Build productive relationships with key stakeholders including residents, council officers, landlords, managing agents and Tenant/Business associations
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Good basic education to A Level or equivalent
- Demonstrable knowledge of recycling collection schemes and waste management services
- An understanding of environmental enforcement and it’s application
- Experience of using phone/tablet applications to enter/retrieve data
- Experience of working with the public, including face to face contact and customer surveys, ideally in an education or enforcement setting
- Good interpersonal and communication skills- able to deal confidently with the public in conflict situations
- Able to work within a team as well as working with limited supervision
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Education & Enforcement Officer x3
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.