- Pay Rate:
£13.06 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
32.5, Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This assignment is for 1 month until further notice
- Camden, London,
Temporary Early Years Practitioner
Reference no: Camden RQ648618
An Early Years Practitioner is needed to provide high quality integrated day care and early education to children from birth to 7 years within a multi-disciplinary team and in line with the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Contribute to planning and support delivery of a high-quality early year’s curriculum, which includes a full commitment to anti-discriminatory practice.
- Daily, weekly, and termly planning to meet individual children's needs and interests and record keeping that tracks the development of the individual child.
- Promote children’s development within a secure, safe, and stimulating environment, and with reference to good practice curriculum guidance appropriate to the ages and stages of development of the children.
- Provide input to the assessment of children’s overall development, including carrying out observations, recording children’s achievement, and maintaining developmental records to a high standard.
- Support colleagues in undertaking their responsibilities as key worker to a specific group of children within the centre and the smooth transition from home to centre and from centre to school.
- Effectively manage the behaviour of the children in line with procedural guidance and to implement planned interventions for children with additional needs.
- Provide appropriate physical care in areas of washing, toileting, changing, feeding, dressing, comforting, and administering medication.
- Work with due regard to Child Protection procedures and to report matters of concern to the centre managers.
- Assist with the organisation of outings for children’s interest, education, and enjoyment and about safety.
- In emergency situations, liaise with the designated first-aider, senior staff, and medical professionals, accompanying children to hospital or doctors as necessary.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience, Skills, Knowledge / Technical skills:
- Ability to support the planning of an Early Years curriculum and implement the planned activities, undertake record keeping and observation of children.
- Direct work experience in early years setting.
- Knowledge of The Early Years Foundation Stage.
- NVQ level 2 in early years and childcare or equivalent
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Early Years Practitioner
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.