- Pay Rate:
£17.51 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- KENSINGTON, London,
Full Job Title: Temporary EA/PA Admin Support Officer – Resources
Job Reference: K&C 5216946
Pay Rate: £17.51 per hour PAYE
This is a temporary role with a possibility to become permanent. Essential skills are: minute taking (must have experience), diary management, excellent organisational skills. It is a hybrid role with expectancy of being in the office 50% of the time (to be arranged around Director's diary).
Responsible for the provision of proficient, efficient and accurate support to the Executive Director and departmental Directors.
- Arranging meetings with colleagues, external customers, agencies etc., including booking committee rooms and ordering refreshments
- Preparing reports for management or for Board/Cabinet meetings
- Preparing letters, notes, and memoranda
- Appropriately deal with telephone calls from customers, contractors, other local authorities, etc.
- Providing a front-line service to Members, Directors, Departmental Section Heads, External Auditors, clients and professional bodies
- Maintaining personnel and other confidential files
- Drawing up and maintaining a Departmental Key Reports schedule, checking against Forward Plan and distributing to the Senior Management Team, on a monthly basis
- Managing both electronic and manual diaries
- Screening all telephone calls, dealing with a wide range of enquiries, messages, calls and correspondence, handling as much as possible on behalf of the Senior Management Team
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to at least A level (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 12 months recent EA/PA administration experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Experience in arranging meetings and maintaining paper and e-mail diary systems
- Previous experience in attending and taking minutes of meetings is essential
- Ability to run an efficient filing system (electronic and paper) by using bring forward files and maintaining accurate systems
- Ability to collate and prepare documentation for meetings
- Must have an excellent telephone manner; able to screen callers in a courteous fashion
- Ability to communicate well with people at all levels, both internally and externally
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary EA/PA Admin Support Officer – Resources
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.