- Pay Rate:
£10.19 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
Temporary Driver Operative x2
Job Ref: Northumberland 1003332613676907
To provide an effective and efficient refuse collection & road cleansing service. This role also requires driving duties. The post holders will be responsible for the vehicle and its passengers in compliance with all Council policies, statutory regulations and Health and Safety requirements
- Carry out a full range of duties within the general cleansing service to include litter picking, manual sweeping and collection, removal and disposal of litter/dirt/leaves etc. from public places such as roads, pavements and open spaces.
- Carry out a full range of duties within the general refuse collection service to include collection / removal of household and commercial waste, bulky amenity collections, removal of illegal / indiscriminate dumping waste and collection / disposal of dead and fallen animals. Ensure all duties/day’s tasks are carried out according to schedules and at appropriate times.
- Assist with completing all necessary paperwork in the correct format and on the correct forms. Notify Cleansing Supervisor of any changes to work-load and reasons for same.
- Comply with all Council policies and statutory regulations including all requirements under Health, Safety and Welfare at work legislation and all current road traffic regulations (this will include use of personal protection equipment, clothing and company mobile phones).
- Provide a high level of Customer care at all times and provide customers with relevant information as required.
- Undertake any training identified as necessary to meet the requirements of the post including first aid training if required. Job holders are reasonably expected to attend briefings/meetings relevant to their role and work practices as an inherent part of their core responsibility.
- Carry out a range of driving duties appropriate to the license held, to include refuse collection vehicles and general commercial vehicles as required. Required to carry out general duties within the general cleansing service and refuse collection service to meet the service needs as required plus any other related duties as directed by the Cleansing Supervisor.
- When undertaking driving duties be responsible for vehicles and passengers in accordance with the Council’s Driver’s Handbook and be responsible for completion of all relevant checks and paperwork. Responsible for the supervision of up to five cleansing operatives on a daily basis to ensure the completion of daily tasks/works as directed.
- Be the first point of contact for the crew, liaising with supervisors and relaying instructions to other members of the crew, as directed
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Drivers qualification card
- Knowledge of waste reception, removal, storage and sorting
- Knowledge of health and safety guidelines
- Knowledge and understanding of route plans and maps and the ability to undertake basis calculations
- Previous employment experience in Waste Collection/ Street Cleansing or a relevant related field
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Driver Operative x2
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.