- Pay Rate:
£15.24 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35, Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- Woolwich, London,
Temporary Digital Evidence Officer
Reference no: Greenwich RQ810513
Pay Rate: £15.24 per hour PAYE
DBS required for this role (level not specified)
Holds/willing to undertake non-Police personnel level 1 vetting.
A Digital Evidence Officer is needed to deal with the 24/7 surveillance and monitoring of public spaces, primarily using the client’s CCTV system to keep both people and places safe.
Digital Evidence Officers will be responsible for proactively and reactively monitoring CCTV, other associated technology, and other sources of digital information to identify, respond or otherwise prevent threats to community and public safety across the Borough.
- Work shifts covering the 24/7 period and have a flexible approach to duties and working hours.
- Using identify offenders and provide high quality evidence to enable investigations and were necessary prosecutions and if required provide written witness statements and attend court if necessary.
- Capture, process, log accurately and issue evidence to enforcement and other agencies.
- Facilitating the provision of footage in response to subject access and other requests from private individuals and organisations.
- Operate the CCTV system and associated technology in accordance with all relevant legislation, policies, and operating procedures.
- Ensure all logs, reports and records are produced accurately and promptly, covering all activities involving CCTV both externally and internally within the control room.
- Monitor any emergency which develops and liaise with other officers and agencies to minimise public safety risk as directed/requested.
- Report all faults and failures of CCTV or other equipment as soon as they occur to the contractors responsible for their maintenance and record all details as directed.
- Liaise with the police and other authorised agencies for the viewing of images in support of enforcement investigations and operations.
- Monitor the police airwave radio and respond to requests for assistance. Alert officers (as appropriate) to any incident or potential incident requiring their involvement as soon as identified, and support agencies to safely resolve any such matters to their conclusion.
- Monitor and help support the town-watch radio scheme as directed.
- Maintain the integrity and security of the control room and its’ contents, ensuring only authorised personnel are permitted and are correctly booked in/out.
- As directed, to support and safeguard any vulnerable individuals identified/observed through appropriate recording and referral (e.g., street population).
- Identify, and contribute to the problem solving of community safety issues, for example relating to street drinking and illegal street trading.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A valid L2 in Public Space CCTV qualification as a minimum.
- Basic knowledge of CCTV related legislation and codes of practice.
- Previous experience operating CCTV for public safety, enforcement and/or security purposes, particularly in a control room environment.
- Basic IT skills, including ability to use (or learn to use) a range of CCTV related software and other computer packages, including Microsoft Office.
- Basic internet skills and ability to use/research open sources of information, for example news and social media sites (e.g., Facebook, Twitter).
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately orally and in writing.
- Good eyesight (with or without glasses) and hearing and the ability to recognise colours.
- Ability to work alone or in a team, and with minimal supervision.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Digital Evidence Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.