- Pay Rate:
£13.76 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- HACKNEY, London,
Full Job Title: Temporary Deputy Senior Play Worker – CYPS
Job Reference: Hackney RQ686940
Pay Rate: £13.76 per hour PAYE
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
To deputise for the Senior Playworker in his/her absence, which includes managing the staff, building and the site, within the overall ethos of the Playwork Principles and the Play Service and to maximise the use of the playground.
Maintaining a safe, creative, and stimulating environment for children’s play where every child feels welcome and is considered important. Taking personal responsibility for health and safety and child protection issues within the project.
The development of appropriate programmes offered by the playground including after school, weekend and holiday provision in accordance with the needs of children in the area and the 5 outcomes required by the Children’s Act 2004 (Every Child Matters).
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Recognised play qualification at a minimum level 3
- Experience of playwork with children aged 5 to 15 years in a multicultural urban environment.
- Experience of managing a successful play site - desirable
- Experience of and understanding of the principles behind adventure playwork
- Experience of liaising with parents/carers of children attending play provision and promoting positive relationships.
- Experience of managing/ supervising staff on a playsite.
- Experience of structure building in an adventure playground - desirable
- Knowledge of Health & Safety issues relating to all issues concerning children and provision of an adventure playground.
- Understanding of and commitment to the implementation of all relevant LB Hackney and service policies.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance methods and how to assess play provision.
- Knowledge of Ofsted standards and inspections.
- Knowledge of playwork principles
- Knowledge of child development in relation to play development.
- Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to deputise for senior worker in all aspects of work e.g. reports, budgets, record keeping, supervisions & appraisals
- Ability to effectively manage a budget and keep appropriate records.
- Able to ensure that all current administrative records are maintained and returned as required.
- Ability to manage a busy adventure playground.
- Ability to provide an environment which children are able to continually able to change and adapt Ability to organise a range of play activities which extend children’s play and contribute to their enjoyment and healthy development.
- Willingness to undertake structure building and maintenance of structures which will involve working at heights and using a range of tools and power tools.
- Ability to cope with challenging behaviour from children and parents
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Deputy Senior Play Worker - CYPS
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.