- Pay Rate:
£18.85 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Full Job Title: Temporary Delivery Manager – Policing & Crime
Reference no: W Yorkshire 5208371
Responsible for managing and monitoring the approach to delivery within the Policing and Crime team, advising on what is needed in West Yorkshire to deliver on the outcomes and the priorities in the Police and Crime Plan and the Policing and Crime team resources are directed to making sure our communities are safe and feel safe.
Responsible for leading delivery management, ensuring that the department, police and partners are working effectively together to meet the Policing and Crime measures of success.
Work closely with the Policing and Crime team to ensure that the team delivers outcomes which benefit the needs of our communities, and we understand what works for West Yorkshire, implementing best practice and policies to ensure we make a real difference.
Support and continue to strengthen partnership working through the development of policy to drive delivery locally, including advising on the use of partnership monies, to deliver on the Police and Crime Plan.
Work with the Mayor, DMPC and Head of Policy and Delivery to provide professional advice on the development of the Police and Crime Plan to ensure that the needs of our communities and partners are listened to and inform Policing and Crime delivery.
With a good understanding of current and emerging policy in policing, community safety and criminal justice, understand the change needed at a local level, and support the Head of Policy and Delivery to remove any barriers at a national level to deliver positive change locally.
With a flexible approach to working within a dynamic and changing environment, provide any other support necessary to enable the Policing and Crime team to fulfil their role.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Degree or equivalent related qualification in a relevant subject or equivalent relevant experience.
- Practical experience of successfully performing in a similar role.
- Significant knowledge/experience of community safety and criminal justice policy.
- Experience of commissioning services - desirable
- ICT Skills: IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- *** Other Work-Related Requirements:
- Ability to travel across West Yorkshire and nationally to attend events as needed.
- Able to be available outside normal hours to provide advice and support to the Mayor and DMPC.
- Able to work flexibly to support the work of the Mayor and DMPC.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Delivery Manager – Policing & Crime
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.