- Pay Rate:
£12.70 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37, Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Exeter, Devon,
Temporary Decant Coordinator (Housing)
Reference no: SGN 5223845
Pay Rate: £12.70 per hour PAYE
The Decant Coordinators cover the Devon area, with sites in Plymouth, Torquay, and Exeter.
They must be able to drive and have access to their own vehicle as regular travel is needed.
A Decant Coordinator is needed to support Project Managers to organise temporary accommodation and communicate with affected residents who need to temporarily relocate to allow important fire risk works to be completed in their homes.
- Support the Project Managers in Bournemouth, Torquay, and Plymouth in the decant process and ensure there is a continuous programme of empty property available for completion of fire risk works.
- Liaise and communicate regularly with all affected residents to ensure they are fully informed of timescales dates and other relevant information.
- Ensure residents fully understand why this work is being carried out and why they must temporarily vacate their homes.
- Assist Project Managers with on-site updates both written and verbal to ensure smooth flow of the project and ensuring everyone is informed and up to date with progress.
- Manage customer experience, including handling any comments or complaints, escalating where needed.
- Monitoring of suppliers of temporary accommodation and quality of premises provided.
- Financial management and monitoring costs of temporary accommodation.
- Provide regular updates and management information on progress of the decant programme.
- Establish, develop, and maintain effective working relationships with all work colleagues, contractors and partnering agencies.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience, Skills, Knowledge / Technical skills:
- Previous experience in a similar housing role.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Excellent customer service skills including the ability to manage complaints.
- Experience of financial management.
- The ability to communicate and convey information in a clear and sensitive way.
- The ability to establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with all work colleagues, contractors and partnering agencies.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Decant Coordinator (Housing)
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.