- Pay Rate:
£13.27 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Temporary Debt Recovery Officer
Job Ref: 7346-d
To provide an effective, customer focused support service to users of the LGSS Income and Debt Recovery service, systems and processes. A point of contact for colleagues and service users for queries
- Provide operational services within the Income and Debt Recovery team for LGSS. Responsible for ensuring that efficient, accurate and timely end-to-end processes are adhered to.
- Respond to and resolve service requests and queries ensuring operational service priorities are met through ownership, adhering to agreed service standards and according to operational procedures.
- Responsible for investigating and resolving customer queries, suggestions and compliments, escalating any complaints in accordance with the relevant procedures.
- Take responsibility and ownership on areas of the service where improvements could be made by making recommendations and implementing agreed changes to improve efficiency. By the public sector, for the public sector
- Support system implementations including conducting system testing and delivering training to staff on new system processes.
- Work as part a team supporting your colleagues, mentoring Apprentices and Trainees to a high standard.
- Work collaboratively on projects that support developments and improvements for the Transactions Service in a professional and positive way.
- Manage own workload, processing high quality information / data accurately and in a timely manner.
- Embed customer service excellence within the team through contributing to the design of customer focussed processes, active participation in one-to-one meetings / the PADP process and own behaviours.
- Demonstrate awareness / understanding of equal opportunities and other people’s behaviour, physical, social and welfare needs
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in Business & Administration or Finance or significant experience gained in a similar or related service working
- Experience of transactional processing and knowledge / understanding of debt recovery processes
- Experience of working independently scheduling and prioritising own work to meet service requirements
- Excellent IT skills with good knowledge of office applications
- Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders to support the delivery of the Income and Debt Recovery service in line with the annual service plan
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Debt Recovery Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.