Sunderland 2021 AGY 62
- Pay Rate:
£12.45 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4-5 months
To provide cover for the temporary increase in workload due to the relocation of IT equipment caused directly and indirectly by the migration of staff from the Civic Centre and other sites to the City Hall. The worker will be responsible for decommissioning, relocation and commissioning tasks associated with IT equipment including, but not limited to base stations, laptops, phones and associated peripheral equipment.
During dips in workload relating to the relocation and at the direction of the Technical Team Manager, other tasks associated with the roles of Service Desk support staff will be undertaken. The Technical Team Manager and the senior Customer Support Technician staff will allocate workload and prioritise as required.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Working experience of supporting installations of computer equipment and resolving calls within the context of an organisation’s Service Desk.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Other Requirements: Use of a car in order to attend sites during the course of the working day and mileage will be reimbursed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.