- Pay Rate:
£11.05 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- Southwark, London,
Temporary Customer Service Officer/Administrator – Housing
Reference no: Southwark 5208381
Hours of work : 36 hours Monday - Friday, shift pattern rotating around 8am-4pm, 9am-5pm and 10am-6pm on a weekly basis.
The purpose of the role is to provide a proactive, performance oriented, customer focused help desk service on behalf of Corporate Facilities management using software package Manhattan that supports the Council’s operational FM delivery for external and internal partners, including the wider operational estate.
- Operate and use Manhattan, to ensure that agreed standards are consistently achieved and expectation exceeded. Respond promptly, positively and confidently to service requests via email, phone calls and the app to ensure a customer focused, responsive service
- Investigate and co-ordinate responses to requests for emergency, urgent and routine reactive repairs and maintenance from customers; identifying the appropriate Client Manager and liaising between CFM, Technical & Operations teams, customer and contractors on progress and financial implications.
- Responsible for creating and issuing work orders to support contractors up to an agreed financial limit and ensuring that the contractor provides appropriate risk assessments, method statements and permits to work prior to work commencing.
- Maintain and periodically cleanse the Service Desk database, ensuring that they support a customer-focused and responsive service.
- Provide responsive and relevant customer support across the full range of facilities support including but not limited to: reactive maintenance, compliance, cleaning, security, and vending and adhoc project requests for CFM support.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with contractors, suppliers, Council managers, Headteachers, Leisure Centre Managers and managers and owners of commercial undertakings occupying Council premises.
- Ensure that the highest standards of timekeeping are maintained and adhered to for this business critical service.
- Attend all necessary training and adopt continuous service improvement initiatives to ensure successful operation of Manhattan.
- Ensure the Service Desk Supervisor is regularly briefed on performance, updated on progress and ensure that customer satisfaction and service levels are monitored and reviewed.
- To undertake any other duties commensurate.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of working in a service/help desk team in a large organisation.
- Experience of negotiating and liaising with a wide range of suppliers, contractors and customers.
- To have experience working in a FM or property management environment.
- Previous experience and knowledge of public or private sector FM service/help desk functions.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing, including interpersonal and negotiation skills, and the ability to liaise effectively with a range of professional and technical disciplines.
- Effective interpersonal and influencing skills.
- .Ability to organise, plan and prioritise workload effectively to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to work flexibly and effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to work without close supervision in reaching decisions.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Customer Service Officer/Administrator – Housing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.