- Pay Rate:
£16.23 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35, Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1 month
- Islington, London,
Temporary Customer Service Agent x5
Reference no: Islington RQ782731
Pay Rate: £16.23 per hour PAYE
Potential for hybrid working after training is completed.
Customer Service Agents are needed to partake in quality conversations with service users by offering support with presenting need but also the underlying needs and issues using a strengths-based approach by making every contact count.
- Work collaboratively with other services to embed prevention and early intervention into our approach to ensure those with more complex needs are provided with a wrap- around support package.
- Deal with complex enquiries across all access channels i.e., telephone, face-to-face, email and written correspondence in accordance with customer care strategies and corporate policy.
- Be sensitive to the needs of different customer groups, ensuring rapid and appropriate responses for customers who may be distressed, irate and aggressive, and including those with more complex needs.
- Deal with all customer interactions in a polite, friendly, and efficient manner.
- Use the relevant technology systems to provide high quality accurate advice.
- Correctly handle in-coming post and link correspondence with existing files and to register applications for financial assistance from customers on the Corporate CRM within agreed timescales.
- Monitor personal performance in terms of agreed personal work targets.
- Handle, process, and record payments by cash, cheque, and credit cards.
- Encourage customers to use all the facilities provided in the service and assist them in accessing information and services through digital channels, where possible.
- Ensure all customer details are identified and recorded.
- Organise, categorise, and communicate complex information across a range of disciplines and undertake calculations to compile statistics and performance information.
- Liaise with the staff of other departments, external organisations and to attend meetings as required to continuously improve services.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Good experience of complex customer service delivery either face to face or on the telephone, dealing with the public directly in a service provider environment.
- Good experience in the public sector working in front-line service delivery either face to face or over the telephone.
- Experience of working with a diverse community in a resident focused environment.
- Experience of using IT & telephony systems and administrative procedures in a customer focused organisation.
- Ability to deal with simple and routine face to face, telephone, and electronic enquiries in a tactful, courteous, and efficient manner.
- Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with clarity both orally and in writing.
- Able and willing to be flexible and responsive in relation to working times, patterns, and locations.
- Ability to work unsupervised and on own initiative with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Oral, written, numeric and literacy skills to communicate complex information and to undertake calculations.
- Ability to access, interpret and communicate complex information across a range of disciplines.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Customer Service Agent x5
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.