- Pay Rate:
£16.23 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Islington, London,
Temporary Customer Service Agent/Administrator
Reference no: Islington RQ681136
Enhanced DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role
Contact Islington provides excellent customer service dealing with enquiries and issues end to end within a Contact Centre and face to face environment. In line with the ‘One Islington’ vision and using award-winning technology, Contact Islington is able to bring a seamless range of services and public information to Islington’s diverse communities.
Provide a wide range of best-in-class services that reflects and meets the needs of the diverse local community and internal customers via all access channels; telephone, email/web, face to face and written correspondence
- To deal with complex enquiries across all access channels i.e. telephone, face-to-face, email and written correspondence in accordance with customer care strategies and corporate policy. To be sensitive to the needs of different customer groups, ensuring rapid and appropriate responses for customers who may be distressed, irate and aggressive, and including those with special needs.
- Deal with all customer interactions in a polite, friendly and efficient manner.
- Use the relevant technology systems to provide high quality accurate advice.
- To be readily identifiable as a Contact Islington agent. To comply at all times with the dress code and/or to wear the uniform provided.
- Work shift patterns within designated Contact Islington operational hours including evening and weekend working.
- Maintain records and produce statistics where necessary.
- Correctly handle in-coming post and link correspondence with existing files and to register applications for financial assistance from customers on the Corporate CRM within agreed timescales.
- Monitor personal performance in terms of agreed personal work targets.
- Comply with the Council’s policies and procedures and ensure the confidentiality of customer information.
- Attend training relevant to the purpose of the role.
- Carry out other duties which are in line with the purpose and grade of the post.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Proven relevant experience of complex customer service delivery either face to face or on the telephone, dealing with the public directly in a service provider environment.
- Proven experience in the public sector working in front-line service delivery either face to face or over the telephone.
- Experience of working with a diverse community in a customer focused environment.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to deal with simple and routine face to face, telephone and electronic enquiries in a tactful, courteous and efficient manner.
- Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with clarity both orally and in writing.
- Able and willing to be flexible and responsive in relation to working times, patterns and locations.
- Understanding of equalities issues and commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in service delivery.
- Ability to work unsupervised and on own initiative with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to new ways of working and pursue personal development opportunities.
- Ability to deal with more complex inquiries and work as a productive member of a team in a customer focused environment.
- Ability to deal with distressed, irate and aggressive members of the public in a sympathetic and tactful manner.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Customer Service Agent/Administrator x 3
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.