- Pay Rate:
£10.31 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36, Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This assignment is for 7 months until further notice
Temporary Customer Service Advisor (Admin/Clerical)
Reference no: Bromley RQ610619
Standard DBS required
The successful candidate will need to be fully office based whilst undergoing the training period, once this is done, consideration may be given to an element of home working being carried out.
A Customer Service Advisor is needed to work as part of a team within the Assessment & Care Management Division, to provide a high quality, prompt, and effective front-line service to the public and other professionals.
- Deal with all enquiries in a professional, friendly, and welcoming manner whether by telephone, email or post.
- Provide information, advice and/or redirection to all people who seek support from the local authority, irrespective of any existing care or determination of eligibility.
- Ensure that information and advice provided is straightforward, relevant, accurate and accessible to all sections of the community.
- Listen, question, and take appropriate information to establish the nature of the enquiry and the degree of urgency, being responsive to the needs and feelings expressed.
- Signpost customers to the support available within the community.
- Determine whether a person has care and support needs, or a carer has support needs and refer them on for an assessment
- Gather basic information about an individual’s capacity and capabilities, the severity of their needs, and the overall impact of the current circumstances on their wellbeing, to inform the most appropriate assessment format.
- Identify and fast-track urgent situations and potential safeguarding issues through to the appropriate worker/service.
- Make fullest use of IT systems to process referrals and access information.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Experience of information, advice, and referral work.
- Experience of direct contact with the public in an appropriate setting.
- Experience in dealing with frequent telephone calls from the public.
- Experience in using computerised record systems.
- Experience of working effectively in a team.
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues and problems affecting older people, people with disabilities and their carers.
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues of working in a social care environment.
- Awareness of relevant legislation for social care e.g., Care Act 2014, Mental Capacity Act 2005, Fairer Charging Policies.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the principles of safeguarding.
- Good knowledge and understanding of customer service and demonstrable understanding of its application to ACS and its customers.
- Knowledge of quality standards in customer service.
- Knowledge and understanding of information and advice work.
- Understanding of confidentiality and its application.
- Excellent ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a wide range of customers over the phone and in written format.
- Ability to listen.
- Ability to use positive language.
- Ability to extract information provided by customers and resolve subsequent problems.
- Resilient - able to deal with difficult situations and to stay calm and focused when under pressure.
- Good time management skills - able to get customers what they need in an efficient manner.
- Ability to make decisions.
- Ability to organise and prioritise a varied and challenging workload.
- Good keyboard skills.
- Ability to use information technology effectively.
- Ability to maintain effective and confidential records.
- Ability to research and evaluate information.
- Commitment to teamwork.
- Ability to receive feedback objectively.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Customer Service Advisor (Admin/Clerical)
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.