- Pay Rate:
£11.51 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Temporary Customer Service Advisor
Job Ref: Darlington 6335313633390
To act as a customer advocate, providing excellent service to all customers and visitors contacting the Council
- To provide a consistently outstanding service that demonstrates Customer Services corporate values and makes a difference to resident’s lives.
- To provide advice, assistance, general administration and answer appropriate enquiries on a wide range of services, ensuring the provision of high-quality customer service. Including taking ownership for ensuring customers’ needs are met, whether it be by taking the lead, escalating or by signposting the customer.
- To provide a prompt and efficient face to face, telephone and reception service to both internal and external services that aims to resolve all customer enquiries at the first point of contact.
- To ensure that both internal and external customers are provided with a quality service which meets customer demands, performance targets and reduces repeat enquiries.
- To maintain an expansive knowledge of Council services, policies and procedures such as Housing Services, Revenues and Benefit, Street Scene, Transport and Projects, Environmental Health, Planning, to resolve customer enquiries and to ensure accurate advice and assistance is provided to all customers.
- To support the delivery of digital channels as a way of delivering customer services in the most efficient way.
- To promote, encourage and influence on the use of digital channels and self-serve options to customers and corporate visitors where possible. Providing full assistance and support to vulnerable customers who are unable to self-serve through digital channels.
- Directing face to face customers to self-serve options in the Contact Centre.
- To deliver information and provide excellent customer service for a wide range of internal services
- To take responsibility for accurately recording initial customer contact and obtaining all information necessary to process or resolve queries, work requests, bookings and complaints
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Understanding of data protection principles and information security
- Experience of computerised data input and analysis
- Approximately 2 years recent and relevant experience of working with members of the public in a high-volume environment dealing with sometimes angry and aggressive customers
- Highly effective interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to input and extract data from databases applying accurate literacy and numeracy skills while at the same time managing customer expectations
- Ability to take ownership for resolution of enquiries
- Ability to effectively interpret written communication and respond in the most appropriate format
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Customer Service Advisor / Admin - Customer Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.