- Pay Rate:
£10.41 per hour, PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
Temporary Customer Service Adviser– Admin & Clerical
Reference no: Shropshire RQ681579
Pay rate: £10.41 per hour, PAYEWorking a range of shifts 8am-4pm, 9-5pm or 10-6pm. Monday-Friday. Saturday 9am-1pm on a rota basis.
The post-holder will be working in a contact centre handling inbound and outbound calls from customers regarding a range of service.
- Answering enquiries by phone, using a headset and laptop, email, webchat, social media and face-to-face from members of the public.
- Researching information for customers and either resolving their enquiries or directing them to a relevant and more appropriate service.
- Listen sensitively and give appropriate advice, referring customers to other services as necessary
- Deal tactfully with complaints and escalate service user complaints appropriately
- Using a range of in-house database systems to search, read and enter service user details, and Microsoft Office including a knowledge of Outlook and Word.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience & Knowledge / Technical skills
- A genuine interest in helping people with the ability to actively listen to service users, and to communicate clearly and openly in writing and verbally to establish needs, inform and instruct using a range of channels including telephone, email, webchat, social media and face to face.
- Good administrative and ICT skills with the ability to prioritise workloads and process information accurately and in a methodical and organised way using a range of computer applications and information databases.
- Previous customer services experience or a view on what excellent customer service is.
Skills & Abilities:
- Flexible and resilient, willing to adapt and learn new skills quickly and in accordance with rapidly changing needs.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Able to support and motivate others and work as part of a team to achieve performance targets and the best outcomes for service users.
- Superior communication skills and a genuine desire to help people; patient, calm and profession manner; able to demonstrate self-control and a confident attitude; able to deal with difficult and sensitive conversations.
- Accepts constructive feedback and responds positively to it and seeks to continuously improve.
- Keen to listen to and understand diverse voices and perspectives
- Committed to working in a respectful and tolerant way
- Excellent organisational skills
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Customer Service Adviser– Admin & Clerical
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.