- Pay Rate:
£14.42 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Temporary Craft Electrician -Construction
Reference no: Newcastle 6120013540226
CSCS Card & JIB Electrotechnical Card required
The post-holder will be required to install and repair electrical power systems in businesses, homes, factories and public spaces.
- Plan the layout of electrical wiring
- Diagnose electrical problems
- Conduct general electrical maintenance
- Survey sites where electrical systems are installed
- Draft electrical installation plans and technical diagrams
- Install, maintain, modify and repair all electrical systems in public spaces and buildings
- Ensure that electrical systems adhere to the national electrical safety standards and regulations
- Superve ongoing electrical system installations and providing technical expertise to installation teams where needed
- Use blueprints, wiring diagrams and manufacturer’s installation manuals to complete projects
- Complete work orders and record materials that are used on the job
- Identify electrical problems and repairing them
- Advise the management when to replace aged electrical equipment to prevent hazards
- Conduct general electrical systems maintenance and troubleshooting electrical issues with testing equipment
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience & Knowledge / Technical skills
- Must possess JIB Card and CIS Card
- Mut have Asbestos Awareness,
- Previous experience of Commercial installations
Skills & Abilities
- Good communication skills.
- Physical strength to move around the installation site for long hours, while carrying heavy electrical equipment and tools
- Troubleshooting skills to determine electrical malfunctions
- Ability to identify wires by their distinct colours
- Strong manual dexterity and eye to hand coordination
- Basic first aid and rescue skills
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Craft Electrician -Construction
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.