- Pay Rate:
£10.57 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
Temporary Corporate Accounting Assistant / Administrative – Financial Services
Job Ref: Bolton 0005 E298 / 1
Office based role
An Accounting Assistant is required to assist with the accounting, reconciliation and system control tasks or their equivalent within the Financial Services Division. The post holder will provide support for the department regarding Accounts payable, accounts receivable and I procurement.
- Assist in supporting the section to maintain its financial systems and assist in preparing its revenue and capital monitoring statements, estimates and final accounts.
- Input and maintenance of computerised and manual records.
- Production of statistics and completion of reconciliations.
- Completion, or assist in the completion of government or other returns.
- Provide support and to carry out functions relating to accounts payable, accounts receivable, and I-procurement.
- Respond to and answering public and internal enquiries
- Provision of advice to clients and other staff on policies and guidance.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Qualifications & Experience:
- Fully qualified AAT/IIA qualified.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of Oracle systems.
- High level of numeracy skills to be able to check computer data and to provide statistical data, carry out reconciliations and complete returns.
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage time effectively.
- Demonstrate an analytical and solution focussed approach that allows agreed timescales and deadlines to be met.
- Ability to work on own initiative as and when required, demonstrating the ability to set own priorities/workloads.
- Computing skills with an ability to use spreadsheets and Microsoft, or similar office systems, and ability to input and retrieve information to/from computer systems.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temp Corporate Accounting Assistant / Administrative – Finance
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.