- Pay Rate:
£13.30 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
25 Monday – Friday, 07:45-14:00 hrs
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Cook PT – Children Day Centre
Job Ref: Slough RQ642807
Enhanced DBS required for this role
A cook is required to provide a light breakfast, prepare snacks (fruit etc) and cook a lunch time hot meal for around 45 children. The successful applicant will be required for at least 6 months and must commit to this time period.
Candidates must be trained in relevant dietary requirements for this age group and managing allergens.
- Plan, prepare and serve well-balanced, nutritious daily meals for children of various ages, adapting the menus to suit special dietary needs as required.
- Organise the purchase and storage of the food and catering items and to manage food stocks.
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness, health and safety during food preparation, ensuring that food hygiene regulations are followed.
- Maintain the tidiness and organisation of the kitchen/food preparation area.
- Uphold the childcare setting’s policies on equalities and inclusion.
- Attend planning and staff meetings as required.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- At least one year’s experience of food preparation in a catering environment.
- Trained in relevant dietary requirements for this age group and managing allergens.
- Experience of working in a multicultural community.
- Knowledge of current issues in legislation in relation to food preparation and an understanding of the principals and practices of food preparation and nutrition in relation to preparing meals for children.
- Ability to organise time and work effectively.
- Good listening, literacy and verbal skills, combined with the ability to record information clearly.
- Ability to plan and prepare a range of meals for children and to cater for a range of special dietary requirements.
- Ability to implement operational policies and procedures, in line with environmental health regulations and other legislation.
- Ability to manage food stocks and other resources effectively in order to contain expenditure.
- Physical fitness compatible with catering tasks, including lifting and carrying.
- Ability to work flexibly, including evenings, breakfast times and occasionally some weekends.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Cook PT – Children's Day Centre
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.