- Pay Rate:
£19.50 per hour PAYE (tbc)
- Hours per Week:
18 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
Temporary Contracts Officer Revs & Benefits
Job Ref: 170622
The council has an outsourced revenue and benefits function with the exception of activities that are not permitted to be outsourced. This role is part of the team that picks up elements of the revenue and benefits function that have been retained in house within the council
- Single Fraud Investigation Service (SFIS) claim work
- To work with Client Officers (PCC) in the provision of the quality control function for Housing / Council Tax Benefit and Council Tax.
- To assist with client side (PCC) expertise and knowledge in the checking of benefit claims and Council Tax amendments, and to scrutinise the processing of claims that have been undertaken by the partner (Serco).
- Administration/ award of Discretionary Housing Payments (DHPs)
- Undertake other ad-hoc tasks as directed
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- IRVV qualification or Housing experience required
- Knowledge of the legislation and guidance in respect of Housing and Council Tax Benefits, and an understanding of other welfare benefits
- To have a working knowledge of document management systems and Microsoft Office
- Experience of working as an effective and positive contributor to a team, as well as working independently
- Experience of using specialist software systems used in housing and council tax benefit environment e.g. Academy
- Ability to interpret complex legislation and guidance
- Accurate with attention to detail, particularly when working to tight deadlines, and a high level of literacy and numeracy
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Contracts Officer Revs & Benefits
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.