- Pay Rate:
£19.50 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-6 months
- Sutton, London,
Temporary Contract & Performance Officer – Climate Action & Sustainability
Job Ref: Sutton RQ602097
This role is with the Climate Action and Sustainability team. The team leads on environmental sustainability and delivery of the council’s environment strategy. It manages the council’s waste disposal, textile banks and household reuse and recycling centre contracts. It also responds to environment-related consultations and provide data analysis, and write funding bids to secure funding to deliver projects.
This role is focused on contract management for the waste disposal, textile banks and recycling centre contracts. The post holder will work effectively with contractors and partners to manage the daily operations and is responsible for delivering service improvements for the benefit of residents.
The post holder will lead on performance and risk monitoring for the Environment, Housing and Neighbourhoods directorate, and will produce and present monthly performance reports to the directorate management team, as well as prepare committee reports and present performance information to members. There are opportunities to get involved in project work, particularly relating to waste management.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Experience of managing multiple high value contracts and delivering service change including overcoming barriers and problems in a flexible way.
- Experience of and confident working with complex data sets, spreadsheets and finances.
- Ability to interpret, analyse data from different sources to produce meaningful information.
- Experience of financial profiling / forecasting.
- Able to work independently, takes the initiative and can propose ideas for improvement.
- Able to work to deadlines with good time management skills.
- Strong partnership working skills and willingness to work collaboratively.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of IT literacy including Microsoft and Google applications.
- Knowledge or experience of the local authority waste management sector.
- Experience of procuring or commissioning services.
- Experience of working with other local authorities in partnership arrangements.
- Experience of using Waste Data Flow to submit returns.
- Interest in the environment, sustainability and waste management, and willingness to work in an environmentally-friendly way.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Contract & Performance Officer – Climate Action
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.